2017–2018 Ithaca College Virtual Investment Competition
- A team should consist of 3-6 students ranging from 9th to 12th grades from high schools in the Northeast Region (ME to MD). A faculty advisor per high school is needed as well for teams to compete in the competition.
- All team members need to register as well as the faculty advisor at the same time. All fields on the registration page must be submitted. Registrations will be accepted from October 16th thru October 27th. Trading starts on Monday, October 30th 2017. Competition ends on Friday, April 13th 2018 at the closing bell.
- All registrations, trades and information n about the competition can be seen at http://ithaca.stocktrak.com
- The ranking of teams is determined based solely on the portfolio return measured by the change in value since the initial date.
- All participants must register to be eligible for awards
- Trade Submissions - $1,000,000 virtual dollars is given to each team on day one which need to be allocated among stocks. Each team must submit their trades for their portfolio online at http://ithaca.stocktrak.com. Trading will take place during normal market hours (9:30am – 4pm).
- Portfolio Composition – Investments must be in companies whose stock’s price is greater than $5.00 per share. Foreign stocks listed as ADRs on the NYSE or NASDAQ whose stock price higher than $5 can also be traded. Each stock should compromise a maximum of 20% ($100K) of each team’s portfolio. No adjustment is needed to be made if the price limits are breached by stock price fluctuation.
- Frequency of trades – You will have a maximum of 200 trades throughout the entire competition. After 200 trades is reached you will no longer be able to make adjustments to your portfolio.
- Research Materials – Utilizing online materials (e.g. Google Finance, etc.) is encouraged to make selection picks
- Change of Rules – The School of Business reserves the right to make changes at any time.
- Discrepancies - Participants should report any account discrepancy within one (1) week from the transaction date. Simulator Support Services Group will, at its sole discretion investigates and adjust any legitimate discrepancy. Discrepancies reported after one (1) week may or may not be adjusted. To contact the Support Services Group click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page and fill out the brief form. Replies are usually sent within 24 hours by return email.
The Simulator Support Services group also may conduct routine audits of any portfolio during or after the trading session to ensure all portfolios are free of pricing or corporate action errors. The Simulation Support Services group may correct any such discrepancies at any time, including after the trading period has ended. The results of these audits and any portfolio adjustments are final and not subject to appeals.
- The High School Investment Conference will take place on April 28th 2018.
- The conference will consist of a student and alumni panel, investing breakout sessions, Ithaca College Investment Program, and a portfolio strategy competition.
- Rewards for the winning High Schools will also be presented at the conference, along with the winners of the portfolio strategy competition.